Are you interested in?
- Full-day desert safari and Dead Sea trip from Tel Aviv with a professional guide
- Drive past the Inn of the Good Samaritan and Jericho
- Pass the Qumran Caves, where the ancient Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered
- Take an exciting 4x4 safari through the canyons and plateaus of the Judean Desert
- View the spectacular Dragot Cliffs and the cliffface Murbaat Caves
- Enjoy included coffee, tea and Bedouin snacks along the way
- Float in the mineral-rich Dead Sea or relax on the beach
Departure & Return
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
As you travel, view the arid desert scenery and pass the location of the Inn of the Good Samaritan, where the remnants of a monastery commemorate the site of the much-loved biblical parable.
Pass the age-old city of Jericho in the distance as your guide tells the ancient story of its crumbling city walls, and drive by the cliff caves of Qumran where the Dead Sea Scrolls — fragments of 2,000-year-old religious texts — were discovered in 1947, hidden in clay pots.
Swap your coach for a 4x4 with an expert desert driver at the wheel, and zoom off into the surrounding desert. Rumble up steep inclines, trundle across plains and dry river beds, and visit the famous Dragot Cliffs to admire spine-tingling views of the Dead Sea, Dragot river bed and the Murbaat Caves, a cluster of caverns with unique, square-cut entrances.
Break for tea, coffee and light snacks along the way, and continue through gorges and oases to the Dead Sea, the vast salt lake at the lowest point on Earth — 1,312 feet (400 meters) below sea level.
On arrival, enjoy ample time to drink in the magnificent setting, ‘swim’ in the salt-rich waters and relax on the mineral beaches. If you wish, grab the chance to enjoy a mud bath in the world's richest source of natural salts, and perhaps enjoy a late lunch (own expense) at a café. Afterward, relax on a coach ride back to Tel Aviv where your tour ends a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Recommended to bring hat, bathing suit, sun protection and comfortable shoes
- Please note this tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms