- 1.5-hour kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding tour around Beef Island
- Paddle through a mangrove forest that serves as a nursery for juvenile marine life
- Look out for baby sharks, turtles and sting rays
- Learn about the fragile marine ecosystem from your guides
- Go ashore on a coral atoll
Departure & Return
GroundSea Adventures Tortola Pier Park Road Town For Cruise Ship Passengers: Meet at Beans coffee shop in Tortola Pier Park just around the corner from the main BVI Tourist Board help desk. Transport to the mangrove paddle launch site may be in our vehicle (max 6) or in a taxi. Dates: Daily
What To Expect
Listen to your guide as they give a short safety talk and orientation to the area, then get fitted with your kayaking or stand-up paddleboard gear. Even for a first-time paddler, either sport takes less than 10 minutes to learn, especially under the guidance of your experienced instructors. Take some practice laps and then head out for the lagoon.
Paddle over to edge of the lagoon that is protected from the wind. As you move, look into the clear, shallow water for fish and other marine life. Rest assured that your guides do not advocate feeding marine life; they leave the fragile ecosystem to its own devices.
Continue into a shallow area full of baby mangroves, a nursery for unusual creatures such as the caseopea andromeda and others. Look skyward to see sea birds such as ospreys, mangrove cuckoos and pelicans. Underwater, look for turtles, stingrays, barracuda and tropical fish.
Midway through the tour, go ashore on a tiny coral atoll, a representative example of how the natural forces create these lagoons, marine forests and islands. Your guide can fill you in on the history of the BVI, from pirates to mega yachts.
End up back at your starting point after 1.5 to 2 hours of paddling.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY GroundSea Adventures BVI
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized