Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- Watch local craftsmen at work in a Murano glass workshop
- Browse an impressive collection of glass artwork
- See Burano lace being made by local islanders
- Visit the Burano Lace Museum independently
- Enjoy transportation by a private boat, exclusively for your tour group.
Departure & Return
At the statue of a man (Vittorio Emanuele II) on a horse in Riva degli Schiavoni (San Zaccaria vaporetto stop), in front of the lagoon.
In front of Hotel Gabrielli Sandwirth (near San Marco).
What To Expect
Visit the workshop of a local glassblower to watch delicate forms take shape from molten glass through a combination of rolling, shaping with iron tools and blowing through a long metal tube. Learn tricks of the trade, like how minerals are added to give the candy-colored vases and chandeliers of Murano their vibrant hue. Enjoy some free time on the island to explore other workshops and perhaps pick up a souvenir to take home.
Hop back on the boat for the scenic ride to Burano, where traditional lacemaking workshops are scattered among the island’s brightly colored homes. Learn about the history of Burano lace and how it was once sought after by monarchs across Europe for its exquisite quality. You’ll get a chance to watch local craftswomen creating lace through a series of finely detailed weaving and stitching, carrying on a tradition that has thrived here for centuries.
If you like, visit the Burano Lace Museum on your own to delve even deeper into the history of this elegant craft. Enjoy free time to explore the island and peruse local shops before the return boat trip to Venice.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "This half-day tour is very worthwhile, seeing the islands of Murano and Burano is a must during a visit to Venice!" See review
- "The trip to Burano and Murano is worthwhile for anyone spending more than a day or two in Venice." See review
- "Don't miss this, especially if you are lucky enough to have Serena as your guide." See review