Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Small-group Venice sightseeing tour by land and water
- See top Venice sights along the Grand Canal on a 1-hour water taxi ride
- Take a 2-hour walking tour, which includes Piazza San Marco and the Goldoni Theatre
- Enjoy skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica di San Marco
- Upgrade to include a 2-hour Doge's Palace tour, and see the Piombi attic prison (usually closed to the public)
Departure & Return
Both tours start by the Ponte della Paglia, the bridge with the view of the Ponte de Sospiri (Bridge of Sighs), just opposite Doge's Palace, facing the lagoon. Meeting point is next to the bridge, not on the bridge.
What To Expect
Step back on solid ground for a 1-hour walking tour of the city’s famous attractions and tucked-away treasures. Explore the charming squares of Campo San Luca and Campo SS Giovanni Paolo, and visit the former home of 13th-century explorer Marco Polo. Admire the stunning spiral Bovolo staircase, and stop in front of the Goldoni Theater, where well-heeled Venetians have been coming to enjoy opera for centuries.
Your guide will lead you to St Mark’s Square, where you can head to the front of the long queue at St Mark’s Basilica. Step inside this Italo-Byzantine masterpiece to marvel at the soaring golden domes, murals and intricate mosaics. Visit the Basilica’s second-level terrace for a sweeping perspective of St Mark’s Square below.
Upgrade to include a tour of the Doge's Palace:
Take a 2-hour tour of the magnificent Doge’s Palace and learn how the powerful doges ruled the Venetian Republic with an iron fist for centuries. Wander through opulent public rooms and ascend into the Piombi attic prison. This squalid cellblock beneath the palace roof once claimed the legendary Casanova as a captive and is seldom open to visitors.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women to enter to the Basilica
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on this tour
- Only small bags are alllowed on the tour
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.