Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Venice walking tour and gondola ride, with a local guide
- Finish the tour with a Venice gondola ride through the city
- Choose between a morning or evening tour to suit your schedule
- Visit the quieter side of the Grand Canal exploring the city's lesser-known gems
- Enjoy as your English-speaking guide brings the dark history of Venice to life
Departure & Return
Meet in front of the white marble Accademia di Belle Arti (Venetian Academy of Fine Arts) near the Accademia Bridge and the Accademia vaporetto (waterbus) stop. “ACCADEMIA DI BELLE ARTI” is written across the top and “GALLERIE” is written over the door. Not at the Accademia school.
Santa Maria del Giglio Gondola point in Campiello Traghetto near the Gritti Palace hotel, San Marco side.
What To Expect
Follow your expert, English-speaking guide through the quieter streets and piazzas of Venice. As you walk, your guide captivates you with histories of Ca’Dario, the cursed (and possibly haunted) house whose owners have continuously met untimely and often suspicious deaths. Learn why music schools around the world are called ‘conservatories’ at Fondamenta degli Incurabili, the hospital where monks took orphans from the streets and trained them as nurses and world-famous musicians. And at Redentore Church, your guide helps you to imagine the huge festivals that once flowed from here to Piazza San Marco, gondolas filling every inch of the canals for huge firework shows.
Along with local legends, hear some tales of familiar characters. See Harry’s Bar across the canal where Ernest Hemingway once kicked back after a long day of writing and the home of Peggy Guggenheim, the heiress who lost her father to the Titanic but gained the means to build one of the world’s most interesting art collections.
Ever heard of Othello? See the house where Desdemona supposedly lived before her tale was transcribed by an Italian author and stolen by a man called William Shakespeare.
For a romantic finish to your tour, climb aboard a classic Venetian gondola and enjoy a ride through the city’s famed canals. As your expert gondolier navigates the watery ways, soak up the passing sights of historic palaces and homes that line the canals, and get a glimpse into daily life in this magical city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or adverse weather conditions. In this case an alternate date or a partial refund will be provided
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.