Are you interested in?
- Dolphin-watching tour with a small group for personalized attention
- Explore the Virginia Beach coast by kayak
- Family-friendly tour: no experience necessary
- All necessary equipment included and guides help you navigate
Departure & Return
Departure PointVirginia Beach, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Location varies- call to confirm exact launch location Directions: North End of Virginia Beach Oceanfront and will meet your guide - location to be determined based on current. Call tour operator for departure location.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow your guide on a route toward the historic Cape Henry Lighthouses that passes through prime dolphin habitat. Atlantic bottlenose dolphins live and swim in groups, and have extraordinary intelligence; if you’re lucky, a dolphin may choose to play right alongside your boat, interacting and showing off. You’ll also see seabirds like the pelicans and ospreys that nest along the coast, and groups occasionally spot a sea turtle or cownose ray slipping beneath the surface.
When you reach Cape Henry Lighthouse turn your boat around for the return trip to North End Beach, where you’ll finish the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in a variety of weather conditions; please dress appropriately for your tour date's weather forecast
- For customers whose weight exceeds 250 lbs, please call us directly before booking to speak with a representative.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Chesapean Outdoors
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.