Are you interested in?
- Aviation fans can fly a helicopter with a private flight, from White Plains
- Learn the basics on the ground and practice flying yourself
- Admire the views of the Atlantic coast, Hudson River, and Big Apple skyline
- Get a top value with pilot, and Robinson R44 Raven II ride included
Departure & Return
Ross Aviation West hangar
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Flight lessons depart from Westchester County Airport in White Plains, a relaxed crowd-free location just outside NYC easily accessed by public transit (Metro-North rail from Grand Central Terminal) or car (free parking).
- Convenient roundtrip transfers are available from anywhere in Manhattan for additional fee (if option selected).
- Federal regulations do not permit flight lessons in New York City airspace therefore they stay over the Westchester area, Hudson Valley or Connecticut. Routes are subject to change based on weather, air traffic control and temporary flight restrictions.
- English proficiency is required for flight lessons. Flight lessons begin with ground instruction then students do approximately 75% of the flying using dual controls, under flight instructor supervision.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Maximum weight 250 lbs (113 kg) per passenger and 500 lbs (226 kg) combined in R44 helicopter.
- Children younger than 2 years may ride on their parent’s lap at no cost.
- Under 18 requires parental or guardian consent.
- Minimum age 14 years.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones are not allowed on helicopter flights.
- Wings Air Helicopters LLC assumes no liability for any services (ground transportation, photography, catering, hotel, etc.) arranged on client’s behalf with third parties.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Wings Air Helicopters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms