Are you interested in?
Private Sightseeing Tours
187 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
263 Tours & Activities
Water Castle (Taman Sari) Tours
18 Tours & Activities
5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore Yogyakarta on a private city sightseeing tour, led by your own personal guide. You will be introduced to cultural attractions such as the kraton, or Sultan’s palace, with a walking tour of the vast royal complex including the Taman Sari Water Castle. Visit, too, the historic neighborhood of Kotagede, known for its silver industry. Ride in the comfort of a private vehicle with hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- Explore the kraton - the sultan’s palace and former royal residence
- Private tour of Yogyakarta with a personal guide
- Round-trip hotel transport by private vehicle included
- Visit silver workshops in the historical neighborhood of Kotagede
- Walk around the well-preserved bathing complex of the Taman Sari Water Castle
Saved to wishlist!
A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver
All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description
All applicable taxes and service charges
Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement
Single supplement charges for single travelers, where applicable
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing outside the general area
Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in downtown Yogyakarta. Transfers outside these areas, including the Borobudur and Prambanan regions, and Yogyakarta’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24hours may be on request
- The Sultan’s Palace is open daily from 8 am to 2 pm, except Friday when it closes at 1 pm. This site is closed on National and public holidays as well as on Keraton-recognized holidays. This is the main reason we only operate the tour in the morning
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Yogyakarta’s Essentials in Half a Day?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Yogyakarta’s Essentials in Half a Day?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Yogyakarta’s Essentials in Half a Day?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Yogyakarta’s Essentials in Half a Day?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 8084P86
Compare Similar Experiences
Yogyakarta’s Essentials in Half a Day
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingYogyakartaBus Tours - Central JavaHistorical Tours - Central JavaHalf-day Tours - Central JavaCategory
Imogiri Royal Cemetery (Pemakaman Imogiri) Tours & TicketsJomblang Cave (Goa Jomblang) Tours & TicketsWater Castle (Taman Sari) Tours & TicketsKota Gede (Kotagede) Tours & TicketsSewu Temple (Candi Sewu) Tours & TicketsRamayana Ballet at Prambanan Tours & TicketsMagelang Tours & TicketsRatu Boko Temple Tours & TicketsDe Mata Trick Eye Museum Tours & TicketsSelogriyo Temple (Candi Selogriyo) Tours & TicketsSadranan Beach (Pantai Sadranan) Tours & Tickets