Are you interested in?
- 2-hour Viking walking tour of York
- Learn about the city's Viking history and hear local legends
- Enjoy a flexible departure time so you can fit this tour into your day
- Private guide provides a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Outside York Minster near the entrance to the gift shop is the Roman Column. Its easy to find and right in the centre of town, a great place to meet!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Pass by various landmarks and historical sites as you listen to narration from your guide about how big the Viking influence was on York. You'll hear about the deeds of Vikings such as Eirik Bloodaxe, Ivar the Boneless, and Harald Hardaraada; find out the origins behind street names and what they mean; discover how the pagans helped shape the Christian church; and ponder how the Normans ever survived in the north.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY York Walls Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience