Are you interested in?
- Full-day tour from Zurich to Mount Rigi and Lake Lucerne
- Ride an aerial cable car and a cogwheel train
- On Mount Rigi, go for a walk or hike, enjoy a meal and admire the views of the Swiss Alps
- Boat ride on Lake Lucerne
- Free time to explore Lucerne at your leisure
- Perfect day trip for the independent traveler!
Departure & Return
The official departure point for all tours departing from Zürich is Sihlquai Bus Terminal, close to Zürich’s main train station (Zürich HB). Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to tour start at the white ticket office marked with “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
What To Expect
On arrival at the middle station, situated at an elevation of almost 4,000 feet (1,200 meters), climb aboard Europe’s first cogwheel train for the smooth ride to the mountain’s summit. Customize your independent itinerary according to your interests and spend some leisurely free time exploring Mount Rigi at your own pace. Use a sheet of recommended activities to formulate a plan, perhaps taking picturesque hiking trails or revitalizing with a traditional Swiss lunch (own expense).
Descend the mountain on another cogwheel train and disembark at the quaint lakeside village of Vitznau. Relax during an idyllic cruise to Lucerne and then set out to discover the important monuments and pretty attractions of the city; explore the Old Town, stroll across Chapel Bridge and then rejoin your group and guide for the return journey to Zurich, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- From 15 to 26 November 2021 and 07 - 31 March 2022, the round-trip up and down Mt Rigi will be by cogwheel train due to cable car maintenance.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "They said weekends usually have traffic but if they know this then they should leave earlier to make sure they get to the location to pick us up by the time they tell us to be there by." See review
- "If you plan on having lunch atop Rigi, it was a bit pricey so if you want to save money pack a lunch and bring a towel to sit and enjoy the views." See review