Are you interested in?
- Travel along the German border, passing vineyards and farming villages
- See the 16th-century Munot Fortress in Schaffhausen
- Enjoy a full hour to admire Rhine Falls, Europe's biggest waterfall
- Take an exciting optional boat ride (June to August only) to get right in the middle of the falls!
Departure & Return
The official departure point for all tours departing from Zürich is Sihlquai Bus Terminal, close to Zürich’s main train station (Zürich HB). Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to tour start at the white ticket office marked with “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After a photo stop to view the medieval Laufen Castle (Schloss Laufen), perched on a forested cliff-top overlooking Rhine Falls, arrive at the site of Europe's largest waterfall. Savor an hour of free time here to pose for photos against the magnificent cascades, which reach 450 feet (150 meters) wide and 75 feet (23 meters) tall.
Take advantage of unbeatable panoramas from the viewing platforms and opt for a summertime boat ride (June to August only; payable direct) that delivers you to the middle of Rhine Falls, where you can admire their full glory.
On the return drive to Zurich, pass through Schaffhausen, where you can see the distinctive circular Munot Fortress, which was built in the 16th century. The tour concludes at Sihlquai Bus Terminal, making it easy for onward travel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands